by Terri Peña
Turn fresh watermelon, so plentiful and inexpensive during the summer months, into a refreshing beverage for both kids and grown-ups.
Watermelon Agua Fresco
- 16 cups fresh watermelon, cut from a melon weighing about 10 pounds
- 1 1/2 cups grapefruit juice
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Working in batches, puree watermelon in a blender until smooth.
- Pour puree through ﬁne mesh sieve set over a large pitcher. You will have about 7 cups of watermelon juice.
- Add the grapefruit juice and stir.
- Pour over glasses ﬁlled with ice and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Photos © Terri Peña.