by Terri Peña
Fruit salad is always good, but serve it in a sugar cone and watch people line up for a taste. Sugar cones are required, the old fashion cake cones quickly become soggy.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled as needed.
Summer Fruit Salad in Sugar Cones
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 cup peaches, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 6 ounce container vanilla yogurt (optional)
- Sugar cones
- Combine the fruit and yogurt and place in an airtight container for picnic transport.
- Once at your destination, spoon fruit salad into sugar cones and eat right away.
Photos © Terri Peña.