by Terri Peña
The big Brie that is carried by Costco is the perfect choice for this appetizer. If you do not have a Costco nearby, smaller Bries can be individually wrapped and placed in the fire. An advantage to smaller packets is that you can prepare a variety of flavors, or leave the brandy out of one.
Fire Baked Brie with Pear Brandy
- one entire Brie, rind on
- 2 ounces Pear Brandy
- Heavy Duty aluminum foil
- Leave the rind on the Brie and poke all over with a fork.
- Place the cheese in the center of a large piece of HEAVY DUTY foil then pour pear brandy over the top.
- Neatly wrap the cheese in one layer of foil, then wrap again in another layer of heavy duty foil encasing the cheese completely.
- As the cheese heats it will want to ooze out of its foil wrapper, careful wrapping will keep all the goodness inside.
- Place the foil package directly in the fire's embers and cook for about 8 minutes, turning halfway through. You will know it is done when you hear the cheese sizzling and it feels squishy to the touch.
- Unwrap the Brie and serve with a sliced baguette or hearty crackers, and tart apple slices. Your friends and family are going to think you are a genius!