By Terri Peña
4 cups frozen berries, chose your favorites
½ cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup flour (or ½ cup of gluten free blend)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
6 tablespoons butter (or margarine), cut in to small pieces
1. Turn on the oven to 350. Waiting to pre-heat is not necessary.
2. Butter a 9 inch square baking pan.
3. In a medium sized bowl combine the topping ingredients.
4. In a large bowl combine the sugar and cornstarch, then add the berries and stir.
5. Pour berry mixtures into prepared pan. Cover with topping mixture.
7. Serve with vanilla or nut flavored ice cream if you like.
If making the 60 Second Salad: while the crisp is in the oven, plate the salads.
Recipe and Photos © Terri Peña.